Monday, June 4, 2012

What is the recommended toolchain for formatting XML DocBook?


I've seen Best tools for working with DocBook XML documents , but my question is slightly different. Which is the currently recommended formatting toolchain - as opposed to editing tool - for XML DocBook?



In Eric Raymond's 'The Art of Unix Programming' from 2003 (an excellent book!), the suggestion is XML-FO (XML Formatting Objects), but I've since seen suggestions here that indicated that XML-FO is no longer under development (though I can no longer find that question on StackOverflow, so maybe it was erroneous).



Assume I'm primarily interested in Unix/Linux (including MacOS X), but I wouldn't automatically ignore Windows-only solutions.



Is Apache's FOP the best way to go? Are there any alternatives?


Source: Tips4all

No comments:

Post a Comment